Keynote User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Keynote
- Intro to images, charts and other objects
- Create your first presentation
- Choose how to navigate your presentation
- Open or close a presentation
- Save and name a presentation
- Find a presentation
- Print a presentation
- Touch Bar for Keynote
- Create a presentation using VoiceOver
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with colour or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate and flip objects
- Move and edit objects using the object list
- Add linked objects to make your presentation interactive
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Use a keyboard shortcut to apply a style
- Format lists
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Add mathematical equations
- Add links
- Add rules (lines) to separate text
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows and columns
- Merge or unmerge cells
- Resize, move or lock a table
- Send a presentation
- Intro to collaboration
- Invite others to collaborate
- Collaborate on a shared presentation
- See the latest activity in a shared presentation
- Change a shared presentation’s settings
- Stop sharing a presentation
- Shared folders and collaboration
- Use Box to collaborate
- Create an animated GIF
- Post your presentation in a blog
- Use iCloud Drive with Keynote
- Export to PowerPoint or another file format
- Reduce the presentation file size
- Save a large presentation as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a presentation
- Move a presentation
- Delete a presentation
- Password-protect a presentation
- Lock a presentation
- Create and manage custom themes
Add an image gallery in Keynote on Mac
With an image gallery, you can view a collection of photos in one place on a slide, so only one shows at a time. When you play your presentation, you can cycle through the images before moving to the next slide. A visual effect plays during the transition from one image to the next.
Click in the toolbar, then choose Image Gallery.
Drag the image gallery to reposition it on the slide, and drag any selection handle to resize it.
To add images, drag them from your computer to the image gallery.
To customise the image gallery, make sure it’s still selected, then do any of the following:
Adjust the position or zoom level of an image: Double-click the image on the slide, then drag it to move it in the frame. Drag the slider to zoom.
Reorder images: In the Format sidebar, click the Gallery tab, then drag image thumbnails to reorder them.
Change the transition between images: To change the visual effect that plays between images in your presentation, in the Animate sidebar, click the Action tab, then click Change.
Add an image description that can be used by assistive technology (for example, VoiceOver): Click the Gallery tab in the Format sidebar, then click an image thumbnail. Enter your text in the Image Description text box. The image description isn’t visible anywhere in your presentation.
You can also add a title to an image gallery, as well as add captions to individual images or all images. See Add a caption or title to objects in Keynote on Mac.
To navigate through the image gallery, click or .
To remove an image from the gallery, in the Format sidebar, click the Gallery tab, click the image thumbnail, then press Delete.