Pages User Guide for Mac
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open or close a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Use dictation to enter text
- Accents and special characters
- Add the date and time
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Change the font or font size
- Set a default font
- Bold, italic, underline, and strikethrough
- Change the color of text
- Add a shadow or outline to text
- Change text capitalization
- Copy and paste text styles
- Add a highlight effect to text
- Format hyphens, dashes, and quotation marks
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Add, rearrange, and delete pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Create a custom template
- Add lines and arrows
- Animate, share, or save drawings
- Set movie and image formats
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Open an iBooks Author book in Pages
- Reduce the document file size
- Save a large document as a package file
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Lock a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Add a reflection or shadow in Pages on Mac
You can add a reflection and a shadow to images, shapes, text boxes, lines, arrows, and videos.
Add a reflection
Add a shadow
Click to select an object, or select multiple objects.
To add a shadow to a chart series, see Change the look of bars, wedges, and other elements.
In the Format sidebar, click the Style tab.
Click the disclosure arrow next to Shadow, click the pop-up menu, then choose a type of shadow:
Drop Shadow: Makes the object look like it’s hovering above the page.
Contact Shadow: Makes the object look like it’s standing on the page.
Curved Shadow: Makes the object look like its edges are curled.
Adjust any of the following to change the look of the shadow:
Blur: The softness of a shadow’s edge.
Offset: How far the shadow is from the object or text.
Angle: The angle of the shadow.
Perspective: The angle of the light source in a contact shadow.