Control Surfaces Support Guide for Logic Pro
- Control surfaces overview
- Mackie Control overview
- Assignment buttons overview
- Assignment views
- Function keys
- Modifier buttons
- Automation buttons
- Group button
- Utilities buttons
- Cursor and zoom keys
- Jog/Scrub wheel
- Programmable user modes
- Foot switches
- Assignments overview
- Display buttons table
- Channel strips assignments table
- Assignment buttons table
- Assign Function keys table
- Global View buttons table
- Modifier buttons table
- Automation buttons table
- Utilities buttons table
- Transport buttons table
- Cursor keys table
- Jog/Scrub wheel assignments table
- External inputs table
- iControl overview
- iControl Assignment buttons
- iControl Arrow buttons
- iControl channel strip controls
- iControl Mixer and Channel view
- iControl Jog Wheel
- iControl transport controls
- iControl locators with Cycle mode
- iControl Master fader
- Euphonix device setup
- Mirror mixer tracks on Euphonix display
- MC Pro Soft Key assignments setup
- Euphonix Read and Write automation modes
- Euphonix fader strips
- Control of plug-ins with Euphonix devices
- Euphonix Logic Pro features
- HUI setup
- HUI assignments overview
- HUI assign controls
- HUI fader bank buttons
- HUI window controls
- HUI keyboard shortcuts
- HUI channel strips
- HUI DSP controls
- HUI function keys
- HUI global controls
- HUI automation controls
- HUI status/group controls
- HUI editing controls
- HUI time display
- HUI numeric keypad controls
- HUI transport controls
- HUI cursor buttons
- HUI Jog Wheel
- HUI foot switches
- Novation Launchpad setup
- Launchpad multi-device support
- Novation Launchpad buttons overview
- Change mix parameters on the Launchpad Pro, Launchpad X, and Launchpad Mini MK3
- DM1000 Setup
- DM1000 Assignments overview
- DM1000 Display Access controls
- DM1000 Aux Select controls
- DM1000 Encoder and Fader Mode controls
- DM1000 LCD controls
- DM1000 Data entry controls
- DM1000 Channel strips
- DM1000 Stereo channel strip control
- DM1000 Assignable keys
- DM2000 Setup
- DM2000 Assignments overview
- DM2000 Matrix Select controls
- DM2000 Aux Select controls
- DM2000 Encoder and Fader Mode controls
- DM2000 Display Access controls
- DM2000 Effect/Plug-in controls
- DM2000 LCD display
- DM2000 Track Arming controls
- DM2000 Automix controls
- DM2000 Locator controls
- DM2000 Transport and cursor controls
- DM2000 Channel strips
- DM2000 Assignable keys
Mackie Control display control buttons in Logic Pro
The control buttons, located just below the left edge of the Time display, affect what you see in the main LCD and Time display.
SMPTE/BEATS: Press the SMPTE/BEATS button to switch between the two time formats (SMPTE time or beats). See Overview of Mackie Control displays in Logic Pro.
NAME/VALUE: Press the NAME/VALUE button to switch between the two parameter display formats (either the parameter name or value is shown) on the main LCD.
Hold down the SHIFT button, then press the NAME/VALUE button to cycle through three level meter modes on the main LCD:
Vertical: In this mode, the last character of each channel (in both LCD rows) is overlaid by a vertical bar that shows the channel level. The text characters reappear when the level meter is not visible.
Horizontal with Peak Hold: In this mode, the lower row of the LCD is replaced by horizontal channel level bars. Peak Hold appears as a hollow box, which disappears after a few seconds. Signal overloads (clipping) are indicated by an asterisk, which remains on the LCD display until cleared.
Off: In this mode, no level meter bars are displayed in the main LCD.
In all three modes, the SIGNAL LEDs of the channel strips function as per usual, indicating the presence of a signal.
Hold down the CONTROL button, then press the NAME/VALUE button to clear any overload (clipping) indicators in the Logic Pro Mixer and in the LCD if the Horizontal with Peak Hold mode is active.
Hold down the CMD/ALT or OPTION button, then press the NAME/VALUE button to turn on Control Surface Group Settings mode. This mode lets you edit the outlined control surface group settings, some of which are not accessible with a single button.
You can exit Control Surface Group Settings mode by pressing NAME/VALUE or by entering one of the Marker or Nudge modes. See Mackie Control Marker button in Logic Pro and Mackie Control Nudge button in Logic Pro.
Sets the track name display format.
Switches Channel view to Lock mode.
When you switch from On to Off, the channel strip is also updated.
Switches the LCD display format.
Functionally, this is identical to pressing the NAME/VALUE button.
Switches the Clock display format.
Functionally, this is identical to pressing the SMPTE/BEATS button.