Apple TV User Guide
- What’s new in tvOS 17
- Siri Remote at a glance
- Navigate Apple TV
- Control what’s playing
- Adjust audio
- Activate Siri
- Open Control Center
- Enter text
- Switch quickly between apps
- Turn Apple TV on or off
- Control touch surface sensitivity
- Charge the Siri Remote
- Reconnect the Siri Remote
- Help locate the Siri Remote (2nd generation or later)
- Use screen savers
- Customize the Home Screen
- Use iOS or iPadOS Control Center
- Use the Search app
- Restrict access to content
- Adjust privacy settings
- Manage storage
- Share Apple TV
- Family Sharing
- Adjust video and audio settings
- Connect Bluetooth devices
- Set notifications
- Set the TV button
- Use the iOS or iPadOS keyboard
- Control your TV and volume
- Use other remotes
- Use Apple TV as a conference room display
- Change network settings
- Change language or region
- Accessibility features
- Use Zoom to magnify
- Use Hover Text to see enlarged text
- Reduce screen motion
- Use audio descriptions
- Navigate Apple TV by tapping
- Set AirPods controls
- Set hearing controls
- Type instead of speaking to Siri
- Add an accessibility shortcut
Search in the Apple TV app
The Search screen in the Apple TV app lets you find TV shows and movies by title, cast, or crew.
Search for items in the Apple TV app
Open the Apple TV app on Apple TV.
In the menu bar, navigate to Search , then do any of the following:
Browse items that appear in trending categories.
Enter a search term in the field.
Tip: To dictate instead of type, press and hold the Siri button on the Siri Remote and speak. For more information, see Use Siri dictation on Apple TV.
Select an item to see ratings, descriptions, and purchase or rental information.
You can also use Siri for search at any time. See Search for content and apps on Apple TV.