How to turn off Find My on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap [your name] > Find My.
- Tap Find My [Device], then tap to turn it off.
- Enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Turn Off.
To remove your Apple Watch from Find My, unpair it from your iPhone.
How to turn off Find My on your Mac
- Choose the Apple menu > System Settings (or System Preferences).
- Click your name (or Apple ID).
- Click iCloud, scroll down, then click Find My Mac (or click Options next to Find My Mac).
- Click Turn Off.
What happens when you turn off Find My
If you need to locate a lost or stolen device, Find My can help you get it back. You can find the device on a map, play a sound to help find it, and more. Find My also includes Activation Lock, a feature that's designed to prevent anyone else from using your device.
When you turn off Find My, you lose these capabilities, which can make your device more difficult to recover.
If you want to sell, give away, or trade in your device, or you need to send it in for service, then you need to turn off Find My.
- Learn what to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Learn what to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch
- Learn what to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac
If you delete the Find My app, your location is still shared. People with whom you've previously shared your location can still view your location. If you want to stop sharing your location, reinstall the Find My app and stop sharing your location.