Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
If you can’t see your Mac desktop on an external display
If you connected your Mac laptop to a display or TV but can’t see your Mac desktop on the display, try the steps below.
Close the lid on your Mac laptop to put it to sleep.
Connect the power adapter to your Mac and a power outlet.
Reconnect your Mac to an external display.
Connect a USB keyboard, mouse or trackpad to your Mac.
If you’re using a wireless keyboard, mouse or trackpad, make sure it’s turned on.
Wait a few seconds, then press any key on the external keyboard, or use the mouse or trackpad, to wake your Mac.
If your wireless keyboard, mouse or trackpad isn’t connected (paired) with your Mac, Bluetooth Setup Assistant opens so you can connect them.
Thanks for your feedback.