How to open Control Centre
Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face. Wait for Control Centre to appear, then swipe up. You can open Control Centre from any screen.
How to close Control Centre
Swipe down from the top of the watch face or press the Digital Crown.
Check your battery and other settings
At a glance, you can see which settings are turned on or off, and can tap to change them.
Turn mobile data on or off if you have a GPS + Cellular Apple Watch.
Turn Airplane Mode on or off.
Turn Silent Mode on or off.
Lock your Apple Watch.1
Use Water Lock to prevent accidental taps.2
Play a sound if you can't find your iPhone. Or touch and hold to flash its light.
Turn on the torch. To turn off the torch, swipe down.
Turn Theatre Mode on or off.3
Disconnect from Wi-Fi on GPS + Cellular Apple Watch models.
Connect to an audio device.
Turn availability for Walkie-Talkie on or off.
Enter Schooltime mode.4
Check your headphone level and adjust the volume of your headphones if you're listening to audio from your Apple Watch or iPhone.
Turn Announce Notifications on or off if you have headphones connected to your Apple Watch.
Adjust text size in apps that support Dynamic Type.
Check your connection
At the top of Control Centre, you can see if your Apple Watch is connected to Wi-Fi, mobile data or your iPhone. Find out how your Apple Watch connects to other networks and your iPhone.
Use Do Not Disturb or a Focus
Do Not Disturb prevents calls and alerts from making sounds or lighting up the screen. Alarms and heart rate notifications will still sound. When Do Not Disturb is on, appears at the top of the screen. When you set Do Not Disturb, you can choose from any of these options:
- On. Do Not Disturb remains on until you turn it off.
- On for 1 hour. Do Not Disturb turns off automatically after 1 hour.
- On until this evening. Do Not Disturb turns off automatically until 7:00 p.m.
- On until I leave. Do Not Disturb turns off automatically after you leave the location on the screen.
- On until end of event. Do Not Disturb turns off automatically after the event on the screen.
The Do Not Disturb button also displays Focus options, such as Driving, Sleep and any custom Focus options you've set up.
Rearrange Control Centre
- Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face, then swipe up to open Control Centre.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Edit to make the buttons jiggle.
- Touch and hold a button until it turns white, then drag it to a new location.
- When you’ve finished, tap Done or press the Digital Crown.
1. If you've set a passcode and turned off Wrist Detection, you can lock your Apple Watch manually using this setting in Control Centre. If you haven't set a passcode (or if you've set a passcode and turned on Wrist Detection), you won't see this setting.
2. Only available on Apple Watch Series 2 or later. Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) aren't suitable for swimming. Find out more about water resistance on your Apple Watch.
3. This will turn on Silent Mode and the screen will remain dark until you tap or press a button. You can also wake your watch screen gradually by turning the Digital Crown.
4. To add this button to Control Centre, scroll to the bottom, then tap Edit. Tap the add button on the Schooltime button, then tap Done.