Open Control Centre
Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face. Wait for Control Centre to appear, then swipe up. You can open Control Centre from any screen.
Close Control Centre
Swipe down from the top of the watch face. Or press the Digital Crown.
Check your settings and battery
At a glance, you can see which settings are on or off, and tap to change them.
Check your battery power or turn on Power Reserve.
Turn mobile connectivity on or off.1
Turn Airplane Mode on or off.
Turn Silent Mode on or off.
Turn Do Not Disturb on or off. Find out more about Do Not Disturb.
Lock your Apple Watch.4
Use Water Lock to prevent accidental taps.2
Play a sound if you can't find your iPhone. Or touch and hold to flash its light.
Turn on the torch. To turn off the torch, swipe down.
Turn Theater Mode, or Theatre Mode, on or off. This setting turns on Silent Mode, and the screen will stay dark until you tap or press a button.3
Enter Schooltime mode.
To add this button to Control Centre, scroll to the bottom, then tap Edit. Tap the add button on the Schooltime button, then tap Done.
Check your connection
At the top of Control Centre, you can see if your Apple Watch is connected to Wi-Fi, mobile data or your iPhone. Find out how your Apple Watch connects to other networks and your iPhone.
Use Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb prevents calls and alerts from making sounds or lighting up the screen. Alarms and heart rate notifications will still sound. When Do Not Disturb is on, appears at the top of the screen. When you set Do Not Disturb, you can choose from any of these options:
- On. Do Not Disturb remains on until you turn it off.
- On for 1 hour. Do Not Disturb turns off automatically after 1 hour.
- On until this evening. Do Not Disturb turns off automatically until 7:00 p.m.
- On until I leave. Do Not Disturb turns off automatically after you leave the location on the screen.
- On until end of event. Do Not Disturb turns off automatically after the event on the screen.
Rearrange Control Centre
- Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face, then swipe up to open Control Centre.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Edit to make the buttons jiggle.
- Touch and hold a button until it turns white, then drag it to a new location.
- When you’ve finished, tap Done or press the Digital Crown.
- Available on Apple Watch + Cellular models.
- Only available on Apple Watch Series 2 or later. Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) aren't suitable for swimming. Find out more about water resistance on your Apple Watch.
- On Apple Watch Series 2 or later, you can also wake your watch by turning the Digital Crown.
- If you've set a passcode and turned off Wrist Detection, you can lock your Apple Watch manually using this setting in Control Centre. If you haven't set a passcode (or if you've set a passcode and turned on Wrist Detection), you won't see this setting.