Before you bring in your device
Follow these steps before you take your device to an Apple Store, Apple Authorised Service Provider or network provider. If your device won't turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- Back up your iOS device.
- Have your Apple ID password ready. For some repairs, you'll need your Apple ID password to erase your device and turn off Find My iPhone.*
- If your iPhone needs battery service, have the battery percentage at 30% or less when you bring it in, if possible.
If you haven't already done so, call to check whether you need an appointment before you go to a service location. For example, schedule a Genius Bar reservation before you go to an Apple Store. When you go, remember to bring these items:
- Your sales receipt (if possible), in case your service requires proof of purchase
- Your device and any accessories that you need help with
- A form of personal identification, such as a driving licence, passport or other government-issued ID
* If you're unable to turn off Find My iPhone, Apple may not be able to service your device. This policy is in force to prevent unauthorised persons from servicing your device without your knowledge. If you can't remember your Apple ID and Password, please go to iForgot.
Before you send your device
Follow these steps before you send your device in for repair or replacement. If it won't turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- Back up your iOS device. To protect your data, erase your iOS device.
- Remove your iOS device from your Apple ID device list.
- Remove the SIM card from your iOS device or iPadOS device if it uses one, and keep it in a safe place. If your iOS device doesn't use a SIM card, contact your wireless service provider to suspend service if necessary.
Now your device is ready to send. If you arranged a repair request, you should have received instructions for sending your device. If you didn't receive instructions, contact Apple Support.
If you haven't set up a repair request, choose from these options:
Contact Apple Support for more information.