Modifying this control will update this page automatically
Apple Music User Guide
- What’s new
- Get started
- Subscribe to Apple Music
- Share Apple Music with Family Sharing
- Stream recommended songs
- Select artists as favourites
- Add and download music
- Access your music library on all your devices
- Play Apple Music radio
- Listen to music together using SharePlay
- Listen to lossless audio
- Listen to spatial audio
- Allow apps to access Apple Music
- Search for music
- Find a song with the column browser
- Listen to an internet broadcast
- Play CDs
- Use Music Mini Player
- Use HomePod with Music
- Listen to music with Apple Music Voice
- Choose speakers
- Adjust the volume
- Adjust the sound quality
- Set up the iTunes Remote app
- Problems playing music or audio
Prevent a song from playing in Music on Mac
You can set Music to ignore certain songs in your library and never play them.
In the Music app on your Mac, click Songs below Library in the sidebar.
Deselect the tickbox next to the song.
If you don’t see tickboxes to the left of the song titles, choose Music > Settings, click General, then make sure “Songs list tickboxes” is selected. See Change General settings.
Important: Deselecting a song’s tickbox removes the tick from the song in all playlists.
Thanks for your feedback.