VoiceOver User Guide
- What’s new in VoiceOver
- Use VoiceOver in the login window
- Change function key behavior
- Make VoiceOver ignore the next key press
- Learn or mute VoiceOver sound effects
- Hear hints and information
- Use positional audio
- Interact with areas and groups
- Hear progress or status changes
- Select and deselect items
- Drag and drop items
- Use cursor tracking
- Use VoiceOver Utility
- Change voice settings
- Customize verbosity
- Customize punctuation
- Change how VoiceOver pronounces text and symbols
- Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows
- Create custom labels for UI elements
- Export, import, and reset VoiceOver preferences
- Use VoiceOver portable preferences
- Use VoiceOver activities
Hear VoiceOver read the current selection on Mac
You can have VoiceOver read what is in the VoiceOver cursor, such as specific text or a checkbox label.
Note: VO represents the VoiceOver modifier. See Use the VoiceOver modifier.
When VoiceOver is enabled on your Mac, do one of the following:
If the Trackpad Commander is on, tap three times on the trackpad.
If nothing is selected, VoiceOver says No Selection.