Modifying this control will update this page automatically
Apple TV User Guide
- What’s new in tvOS 16
- Use tvOS Control Center
- Watch together using SharePlay
- Use screen savers
- Customize the Home Screen
- Use iOS or iPadOS Control Center
- Use the Search app
- Restrict access to content
- Adjust privacy settings
- Manage storage
- Share Apple TV
- Family Sharing
- Adjust video and audio settings
- Connect Bluetooth devices
- Set notifications
- Set the TV button
- Use the iOS or iPadOS keyboard
- Control your TV and volume
- Use other remotes
- Use Apple TV as a conference room display
- Change network settings
- Change language or region
- Accessibility features
- Use Zoom to magnify
- Use Hover Text to see enlarged text
- Reduce screen motion
- Use audio descriptions
- Navigate Apple TV by tapping
- Set AirPods controls
- Set hearing controls
- Type instead of speaking to Siri
- Add an accessibility shortcut
Reconnect the Siri Remote to Apple TV
The Siri Remote comes automatically paired with your Apple TV. If it disconnects or you get a replacement remote, you’ll need to manually pair it to Apple TV.
You can pair the Siri Remote with only one Apple TV at a time. When you pair a remote, any other paired remote is automatically unpaired.
Pair the Siri Remote with Apple TV
Turn on Apple TV and position the Siri Remote so it’s within 3 to 4 inches (8 to 10 cm) and pointing at the front of Apple TV.
Do one of the following:
Siri Remote (2nd generation or later): Press and hold the Back button and the Volume Up button for 2 seconds.
Siri Remote (1st generation): Press and hold the button and the Volume Up button for 2 seconds.
When the Siri Remote is successfully paired, an onscreen message appears.
Thanks for your feedback.