Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Play audiobooks on Apple Watch
You can use the Audiobooks app to play audiobooks from Apple Books on your Apple Watch.
Play audiobooks stored on Apple Watch
After you Connect Apple Watch to Bluetooth headphones or speakers, open the Audiobooks app on your Apple Watch.
Turn the Digital Crown to scroll through the artwork.
Tap an audiobook to play it.
Play audiobooks from your library
If your Apple Watch is near your iPhone or connected to a Wi-Fi network (or a cellular network, for Apple Watch models with cellular), you can stream audiobooks from your audiobooks library to your Apple Watch.
Open the Audiobooks app on your Apple Watch.
Tap Library, then tap an audiobook to play it.
You can also play audiobooks purchased from Apple Books by members of your Family Sharing group. On the Audiobooks screen, tap My Family, then tap an audiobook. See the iPhone User Guide for information about Family Sharing.
Use Siri to play audiobooks
Use Siri to play an audiobook in your library.
“Play the audiobook ‘In the Time of the Butterflies.’”
Turn the Digital Crown to adjust volume. Use these controls to play audiobooks:
Play the audiobook.
Skip ahead 15 seconds.
Skip back 15 seconds.
Playback speed. Options include 1x, 1 1/4x, 1 1/2x, 1 3/4x, 2x, and 3/4x.
Choose a track or chapter.
Download this guide: Apple Books | PDF