Pages User Guide for iPhone
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Find and replace text in Pages on iPhone
You can search for specific words, phrases, numbers, and characters, and automatically replace search results with new content that you specify. All visible content in the document—the main body text, headers and footers, tables, text boxes, shapes, footnotes and endnotes, and comments—is included in the search.
Search for specific text
Tap , then tap Find.
In the search field, enter the word or phrase you want to find.
Tap the arrows at the bottom of the screen to find the next or previous match.
Tap Done to close the search results.
Replace found text
Tap , then tap Find.
Tap the button to the left of the text field.
Enter a word or phrase in the first field.
Enter the replacement word or phrase in the second field.
Important: If you leave the second field blank, the found text is deleted when you tap Replace.
Tap Search in the keyboard.
Matches are highlighted, and the first match is selected.
Review and change the text matches:
Move to the previous or next match without making a change: Tap the arrows.
Replace the selected match: Tap Replace.
Replace all text matches with the replacement text: Tap Replace All.
Tap Done when you’re finished.
Replacing a table value updates both the displayed value and the underlying value. For example, if you replace “1/2” with “1/3,” the underlying value changes from “0.5” to “0.333333.”
You can’t replace matching text in table cells that contain a formula.