What you need
To use Schooltime schedules on a child's Apple Watch, first set up the Apple Watch with Family Setup. This requires an Apple Watch Series 4 or later with cellular,* or Apple Watch SE with cellular, with watchOS 7 or later. You also need an iPhone 6s or later with iOS 14 or later for the initial watch setup.
To use Schooltime on your own Apple Watch, you need watchOS 7 or later.
How to set a Schooltime schedule
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone. Tap All Watches, then tap your child's watch.
- Tap Done, then tap Schooltime.
- Turn on Schooltime, then tap Edit Schedule.
- Choose the days and times when you want Schooltime to be active.
- Tap Add Time if you want to set up more than one schedule in a day. For example, you can set up one schedule for morning classes and another for after lunch.
To change the Schooltime schedule, open the Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the information button next to the managed watch. Tap Schooltime, then tap Edit Schedule.
Exit Schooltime temporarily
Your child can exit Schooltime temporarily to do things like check messages. To exit Schooltime, turn the Digital Crown, then tap Exit to confirm.
If a Schooltime schedule is active, Schooltime mode resumes automatically.
See Schooltime reports
The starting and ending times of all temporary Schooltime exits are reported in the Watch app on your iPhone. To see when Schooltime was exited, open the Watch app, tap All Watches, tap your child's Apple Watch, then tap Schooltime.
The report also appears on your child's Apple Watch. To see it, open the Settings app on their watch, then tap Schooltime.
Focus with Schooltime on your Apple Watch
You can use Schooltime on your own watch any time you want to focus. You might use Schooltime as an alternative to Do Not Disturb or Theatre Mode when you want to silence notifications and check the time easily with fewer visual distractions.
First, add the Schooltime button to Control Centre:
- Touch and hold the bottom of the Apple Watch screen, then swipe up to see Control Centre.
- Scroll to the bottom, then tap Edit.
- Tap the add button on the Schooltime button , then tap Done.
In Control Centre, tap the Schooltime button to turn it on. To exit, turn the Digital Crown, then tap Exit to confirm.