Modifying this control will update this page automatically
VoiceOver User Guide
- What’s new in VoiceOver
- Use VoiceOver in the login window
- Change function key behavior
- Make VoiceOver ignore the next key press
- Learn or mute VoiceOver sound effects
- Hear hints and information
- Use positional audio
- Interact with areas and groups
- Hear progress or status changes
- Select and deselect items
- Drag and drop items
- Use cursor tracking
- Use VoiceOver Utility
- Change voice settings
- Customize verbosity
- Customize punctuation
- Change how VoiceOver pronounces text and symbols
- Change what the VoiceOver rotor shows
- Create custom labels for UI elements
- Export, import, and reset VoiceOver preferences
- Use VoiceOver portable preferences
- Use VoiceOver activities
Use VoiceOver to hear open apps and windows on Mac
Hear which apps and windows are open on your Mac.
Note: VO represents the VoiceOver modifier. See Use the VoiceOver modifier.
Hear which app is active and how many apps are open: Press VO-F1.
Hear which app is active: Press VO-F2.
Thanks for your feedback.