Apple Remote Desktop User Guide
- Control or observe one client computer
- Observe multiple client computers
- Shortcuts in the multiple-client observe window
- Choose how to control and observe
- Share screens with client computers
- Send messages
- Set up a computer running VNC software
- View a VNC server’s additional displays
- View a computer’s system status while observing
- View a user’s account picture while observing
- Switch between full screen and in-window control
- Administer computers
- Copy files
- Copy options
- Install files
- Upgrade software
- Manage files and apps
- Set preferences on client computers
- Sleep, shut down, log out, or restart a computer
- Lock or unlock a screen
- Edit client attributes
- Execute commands remotely
- Send UNIX command templates
- About networksetup
- About systemsetup
- How reporting data is collected
- Search for files
- Create file reports
- Create computer usage reports
- Create hardware reports
- Create a network responsiveness report
- Get an Administration Settings report
- Use a Task Server to create reports
- Export reports
- Generate report data automatically
- Change report layout
- Report field definitions
Report window in Remote Desktop
The report window of Remote Desktop has a toolbar whose buttons vary depending on the activity you’re engaged in.
Here are two views of the report window, one showing a system report and the other showing a software search window.
The table below describes the toolbar buttons available in a report window.
Report category buttons
Click to switch between subcategories.
Print the information in the report window as a formatted report.
Save the report to a plain text file.
Open the item selected in the report on the client computer.
Copy To This Computer
Copy selected items to the administrator computer.
Delete the item selected in the report from the client computer.