iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number
Find the serial number on iOS devices, and the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID), Cellular Data Number (CDN), and Integrated Circuit Card ID (ICCID) number on iOS devices with cellular connectivity.
Getting the information using your device
If you have access to your iOS device, here are some quick ways to obtain your serial number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), Integrated Circuit Card ID (ICCID), or Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID).
Tap Settings > General > About to view your serial number, IMEI/MEID, and ICCID. The screen shown is from an iPhone, but the information is also available on iPad and iPod touch.
When using iOS 6 or later, you can tap and hold the serial number, IMEI/MEID, or ICCID to display the option to copy. You can use the copy and paste feature in iOS to quickly and accurately enter your information into Apple registration, Online Self Service, or Contact Support forms on the Apple.com website.
If you are unable to access the About screen on your device, please use one of the following options to access the serial number and IMEI/MEID on your iOS device.
Your IMEI is engraved on the back case, near the bottom. The MEID number uses the first 14 digits, disregarding the last digit.
iPad and iPod touch
Your iPad and iPod touch serial numbers are engraved on the back case toward the bottom, as shown on an iPad below. The MEID and IMEI number (when applicable) are also engraved on the back of the iPad (Wi-Fi + 3G), the iPad 2 (Wi-Fi + 3G), and the iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular).
iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (GSM model), and iPhone 4S
Remove the SIM tray. The serial number and IMEI will be printed on the SIM tray as shown below.
When an iPhone 4S is activated on a CDMA carrier, the SIM tray displays both the MEID and the IMEI number as 15 digits. The MEID number uses the first 14 digits, disregarding the last digit, and the IMEI number uses all 15 digits.
Your original iPhone serial number and IMEI are engraved on the back metal case as shown:
Getting the information from the device packaging
Getting the information from your computer
If you are able to connect your device to your computer
Locating the serial number
- Open iTunes.
- Select the device when it appears in the left column.
- Click the Summary tab. The serial number will display as shown:
Note: You can choose Edit > Copy to put the serial number on the Clipboard. You can then paste the serial number into an email or webpage (for example, for service or registration).
Locating the MEID or IMEI, ICCID, and phone number or CDN
- With iPhone connected, click Phone Number to rotate through other device information including MEID, IMEI (when applicable), and ICCID.
- With iPad (Cellular models) connected, click Serial Number to rotate through other device information including CDN, MEID, IMEI (when applicable), and ICCID.
If you have access to your computer, but not your device
- Open iTunes.
- Open Preferences. (In Mac OS X, choose iTunes > Preferences. In Windows, choose Edit > Preferences.)
- Click the Devices tab.
- Position the mouse over a backup to display the serial number of the backed-up device. iPhone and cellular iPad models also display the IMEI/MEID and Cellular Data Number: