iMac (USB 2.0) - Technical Specifications
This article has been archived and is no longer updated by Apple.
iMac (USB 2.0) - Technical Specifications
|Order number||15-inch 1GHz
|Display||15-inch (viewable) TFT active-matrix LCD, 1024 by 768 pixels, millions of colors||17-inch (viewable) widescreen TFT active-matrix LCD, 1440 by 900 pixels, millions of colors||20-inch (viewable) widescreen TFT active-matrix LCD, 1680 by 1050 pixels, millions of colors|
|Processor||1GHz PowerPC G4||1.25GHz PowerPC G4||1.25GHz PowerPC G4|
|Memory||256MB of PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SDRAM; supports up to 1GB|
|Hard drive (1)||80GB Ultra ATA/100; 7200 rpm|
|Optical drive||32x Combo (DVD-ROM/CD-RW) drive||4x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)|
|Graphics support||NVIDIA GeForce4 MX with 32MB of DDR SDRAM||NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 64MB of DDR SDRAM|
|Ports||Two FireWire 400 ports, three USB 2.0 ports on computer, two USB 1.1 ports on keyboard, VGA output port (2), S-video and composite video output (2), headphone jack, Apple speaker minijack, audio line-in jack|
|VGA video mirroring||Yes. Requires Apple VGA Display Adapter, sold separately.|
|S-video and composite video output||Yes. Requires Apple Video Adapter, sold separately.|
|Networking||Built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet and 56K V.92 modem (3)|
|Wireless||AirPort Extreme ready(4); internal Bluetooth module available as a build-to-order option|
|System software||Mac OS X version 10.3 “Panther”|
|Software||Mail, iChat, Safari, Sherlock, Address Book, QuickTime, iLife (includes iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD), iSync, iCal, DVD Player, AppleWorks, Mac OS X Chess and Classic environment; Microsoft Internet Explorer, EarthLink (includes 30 days of free service), Quicken 2003 Deluxe, World Book 2003 Edition, Microsoft Office v.X Test Drive, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 4, Deimos Rising and Sound Studio; Apple Hardware Test|
|Hardware accessories||Apple Keyboard, Apple Mouse, Apple Pro Speakers, modem cable|
|Limited Warranty and Service||Your iMac comes with 90 days of telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase theAppleCare Protection Plan and get three years of service and support. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-certified technicians using genuine Apple parts. For more information, visit Apple support or call 800-823-2775.|
|Internet access||All models include 30 days of free dial-up Internet service with EarthLink (North America only) activation. Internet access requires a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.|
|Order a custom-configured computer from the online Apple Store or an authorized Apple reseller.|
|Memory||256MB, 512MB, 1GB|
|Hard Drive||160GB 7200-rpm drive|
|Wireless||AirPort Extreme Card M8881LL/A
AirPort Extreme Base Station M8930LL/A
AirPort Extreme Base Station (with modem and antenna port) M8799LL/A
D-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter T6295ZM/A
|Adapters and Cables||Apple Video Adapter M9109G/A
Apple VGA Display Adapter M8639G/A
Apple FireWire Cable (4-pin to 6-pin) M8706G/A
|Services||AppleCare Protection Plan M8851LL/A
.Mac Subscription: Retail Box MA175Z/A or Family Pack MA176Z/A
Apple Customer Training
|Processor and memory
|Electrical and environmental requirements
Size and weight (iMac with 20-inch display)
Size and weight (iMac with 17-inch display)
Size and weight (iMac with 15-inch display)
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Requires adapter, sold separately.
- Compatible ISP and telephone services required; fees may apply. Your ISP may not support all V.92 features. Modem will function according to V.90 standards if V.92 services are not available. Actual modem speeds lower.
- Achieving data rates of 54 Mbps requires that all users have an AirPort Extreme Card and connect to an AirPort Extreme Base Station. If a user of a Wi-Fi Certified 802.11b product joins the network, that user will get up to 11 Mbps and AirPort Extreme users will get less than 54 Mbps. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network and other factors.
- Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Wireless Internet access requires AirPort Extreme Card, AirPort Base Station or AirPort Extreme Base Station and Internet access (fees may apply). Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort and AirPort Extreme. Range may vary with site conditions.
- Internet access requires a compatible ISP; fees may apply.
- Product contains electronic documentation. Backup copy of software is included.
- Product specifications are subject to change without notice.
Last Modified: Oct 14, 2016