What you need
- Be at least 18 years old and live in the United States.
- Have a compatible device with iOS 11.2 or later or watchOS 4.2 or later.
- Set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID on any device that you want to use to send or receive money.
- Add an eligible debit card in the Wallet app, so you can send money.
Daily Cash from your Apple Card will be added to your Apple Cash account once the purchase transaction has cleared. You can also use your Apple Cash to make payments on your Apple Card balance.1,2
You can't use person to person payments with Apple Pay for any business-related activities, such as operating a business or paying employees.
How to set up Apple Cash
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Turn Apple Cash on.
- Under Payment Cards, tap Apple Cash.
- Tap Continue, then follow the instructions on your screen.
When someone sends you money, it's automatically and securely kept on your Apple Cash card. Your new Apple Cash card can be found in the Wallet app.
If you want to set up Apple Cash for a family member that's under 18 years old, learn how to set up Apple Cash Family. If you're under 18 years old, your Family Sharing organizer can set up Apple Cash for you with Apple Cash Family.
See how to:
- Add money to Apple Cash.
- Make purchases using Apple Pay.
- Send money to someone in the Messages app.
- Transfer money from Apple Cash to your bank account.
If you turn off Apple Cash for any one device, you can still use Apple Cash on other devices where you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
- There’s no fee to send, receive, or request money using Apple Cash.
- Setting up Apple Cash doesn't affect your credit and won’t be impacted by any credit freezes.
- To protect your account, you might be asked to verify your identity at certain points when using Apple Cash. If you don't want to provide this information, you won't be able to use the full functionality of Apple Cash. Learn how to verify your identity.
- Learn about the minimum and maximum amounts that you can send, receive, transfer, and more.
- Sending and receiving money with Apple Pay and the Apple Cash card are services provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Learn more about the Terms and Conditions.
- Apple Card is issued by Goldman Sachs Bank USA, Salt Lake City Branch. Apple Card is available only in the United States.