Set up text message forwarding
Make sure that you're signed in to iMessage with the same Apple ID on each device:
- iPhone or iPad: Check the Apple ID shown in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
- Mac: Open Messages, choose Messages > Settings (or Preferences), then click iMessage. Check the Apple ID shown.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding.* Then choose which devices can send and receive text messages from your iPhone. If you're not using two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, a verification code appears on each of your other devices: enter that code on your iPhone.
As long as your iPhone is turned on and connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network, new SMS/MMS texts can be sent and received on the devices that you added.
iCloud now keeps your entire messages history updated and available on all your devices — even when you set up a new device. Learn how to keep all your messages in iCloud.
Forward older text messages
- Touch and hold the message bubble that you want to forward, then tap More.
- Select any other text messages that you want to forward.
- Tap Forward and enter a recipient.
- Tap Send .
* If you don't see the Text Message Forwarding setting, go to Settings > Messages. Turn off iMessage, then turn it back on. Tap Send & Receive, tap Use Your Apple ID for iMessage, then sign in with the same Apple ID used on your other devices.