Apple Watch User Guide
- What’s new
- Apps on Apple Watch
- Open apps
- Organize apps
- Get more apps
- Tell time
- Status icons
- Control Center
- Use Focus
- Adjust brightness, text size, sounds, and haptics
- See and respond to notifications
- Change notification settings
- Manage your Apple ID
- Use shortcuts
- Set up Handwashing
- Connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
- Connect to Bluetooth headphones or speakers
- Hand off tasks from Apple Watch
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch
- Use Apple Watch without its paired iPhone
- Use your Apple Watch with a cellular network
- Blood Oxygen
- Camera Remote
- Now Playing
- Voice Memos
- About Wallet
- Apple Pay
- Set up Apple Pay
- Make purchases
- Send, receive, and request money with Apple Watch (U.S. only)
- Manage Apple Cash (U.S. only)
- Use Wallet for passes
- Use rewards cards
- Pay with Apple Watch on Mac
- Ride transit
- Use your driver’s license or state ID
- Use digital keys
- Use COVID-19 vaccination cards
- World Clock
- Set up Apple Watch using VoiceOver
- Apple Watch basics with VoiceOver
- Apple Watch Mirroring
- Control nearby devices
- Use a braille display
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard
- Tell time with haptic feedback
- Adjust text size and other visual settings
- Adjust motor skills settings
- Set up and use RTT
- Accessibility audio settings
- Use accessibility features with Siri
- The Accessibility Shortcut
Adjust text size and other visual settings on Apple Watch
You can adjust text size and other settings to make it easier to interact with items on the screen.
Adjust text size
Touch and hold the bottom of the screen, then swipe up.
Tap , then turn the Digital Crown to adjust.
Choose how text and other items appear
You can make text bold, use grayscale, and set other options to change the appearance of items on the screen. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, tap Accessibility, then turn the following options on or off:
Turn on button labels to see an additional position indicator. With labels on, you see a one (1) on any option that is on, and a zero (0) on options that are turned off.
Reducing transparency increases legibility with some backgrounds.
You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, tap Accessibility, then change an option.
Note: Restart your Apple Watch for changes in bold text and grayscale to take effect.
You can limit the motion you see on the Home Screen and when apps open and close.
Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
Go to Accessibility > Reduce Motion, then turn on Reduce Motion.
You can also open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap My Watch, go to Accessibility > Reduce Motion, then turn on Reduce Motion.
Tip: When you turn on Reduce Motion and choose grid view for the Home Screen, all the app icons are the same size.
Download this guide: Apple Books | PDF