How to restart
- Press and hold the Top (or Side) button until the slider appears.1
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.2
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until you see the Apple logo.
- Your iOS device has a Top button or a Side button. Either way, they do the same thing.
- With iOS 11 or later, you can turn off your device by going to Settings > General> Shut Down.
If your iOS device is frozen or won't turn on
Learn what to do if your iOS device is frozen or won't turn on.