The people you share with receive a message with a link to iCloud.com to view your photos. Your shared collection is active for 30 days, but you can stop sharing the collection at any time.
If you want to create a space for ongoing collaborative photo sharing, try Shared Albums. You can also learn more about sending pictures and videos with Messages.
How to share photos with Sharing Suggestions
- Turn on iCloud Photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Open the Photos app.
- Tap the For You tab, then find Sharing Suggestions.
- Swipe left to browse all the suggested collections, then tap a collection to share.
- Tap Next to share everything, or tap Select and then deselect the items that you don't want to include.
- Choose people to share with. If Photos recognizes people pictured, their names appear automatically. People you've shared photos with before might also appear. Deselect anyone you don't want to include. Tap Add People to select more friends.
- Tap the Share in Messages button. A Messages window appears, showing the recipients and a preview of the message that they'll get.
- Add a comment if you'd like, then tap the Send button.
How to use Share Back to complete the collection
When the recipients of your collection tap the link in Messages, Photos opens and shows all the items that you shared.* They can tap Add All to add your photos and videos at full resolution to their own library.
If Photos detects that your friends have items in their library that might be from the same time and place, a Share Back section appears below the collection that you sent. When they tap View, Photos shows items that might be from the same event — for example, photos they took at a beach party that you attended together.
Your friends can select which items to share back, then tap Share to send you photos capturing angles and moments that you might have missed.
* If a recipient opens the link in Messages on their Mac, the collection appears on a web page and Share Back isn't available.
How to view your recently shared collections or stop sharing
In the For You tab, you can see the collections that you've shared and stop sharing any collections that are still available. Here's how:
- In the Photos app, tap the For You tab, then find iCloud Links.
- Swipe left to see the collections that you've shared or received. Tap a collection to see the photos and videos it contains.
- If you want to stop sharing one of your collections before its 30-day availability expires, tap the More button , then tap Stop Sharing. Tap Stop Sharing again to confirm.