User Tips are informative tips and tricks created and maintained by community members to help others with their Apple products. When you get to Level 5 in the community, you can write new User Tips. If you’ve repeated the same bit of information in various replies to other members’ questions, it might be good content for a User Tip.
Community members can comment on the User Tips that you write. And you’ll receive 10 points the first time someone likes your User Tip.
Create a User Tip
To create a User Tip, click Post, click User Tip, and select the community you want to create the new User Tip in.
User Tip features
- The user information of the creator appear at the top of each User Tip.
- Comments at the bottom of each User Tip let the community give feedback to the creator.
- Be considerate. User Tips are maintained for the benefit of the community.
- Be helpful. Use comments to provide feedback to the tip creator.
- Be cool. Anyone who abuses this privilege will lose their access to create and edit User Tips.
Create great User Tips
- Limit the title to 45 characters or less so that it’s easy to read in search results.
- Put important words at the beginning of the title.
- Use headings and ordered lists to organize information.