If you see the following while setting up HomePod:
- A blank white screen after you select your HomePod location
- Wi-Fi incompatible error
- "Setup Failed" with an error code. For example, -6722
Try the steps below, then try to set up HomePod after each step. If you don't see the HomePod Set Up Assistant, put your iOS device to sleep, then wake it, go to the Home screen, then hold your iOS device next to your HomePod and wait for the set up screen to appear.
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS and has the Home and Music app
Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to iOS 11.2.5 or later. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the iOS device that you're using to set up HomePod. If you deleted either of these apps, follow these steps to redownload the app:
- On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
- Search for the app. Make sure that you enter the exact name of the app. For example, Apple Music.
- Tap to restore the app.
Check that two-factor authentication is turned on for your Apple ID and iCloud Keychain is turned on
- To check if two-factor authentication is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Password & Security. If two-factor authentication isn't set up, select the option to enable it and follow the steps.
- To check if iCloud Keychain is turned on, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud. Scroll down and check that Keychain is on. If it isn't, tap Keychain and turn it on. If prompted, follow the steps to set up iCloud Keychain.
Check your Wi-Fi connection
On your iOS device, make sure that you’re connected to a WPA/WPA2 Personal Wi-Fi network. HomePod doesn’t support the following network types:
- Public or subscription networks with sign-in requirements. For example, hotel networks with a captive portal.
- Enterprise-style deployments, using 802.1x.
Personal Hotspots might work, but aren’t recommended.
Check the Home app
Open the Home app on your iOS device and check that you see your accessories and scenes. If you see a message that says loading accessories and scenes, wait for the Home app to finish loading. If the Home app stays in a loading state for 30 minutes or longer, you should see an option to erase and reset the Home app. If you reset the Home app, you’ll need to set up your HomeKit accessories and scenes again.
Still need help?
If you still can't set up HomePod, contact Apple Support.