Transfer a call to HomePod
When you make or receive a call on your iPhone, you can transfer the audio to HomePod and use HomePod as a speakerphone. Here's how:
- During a call, tap in the Phone app.
- Choose your HomePod.
- When the audio from the call connects to HomePod, a green light appears on the top of HomePod.
To switch the audio back to your iPhone, tap , then tap iPhone.
To end the call, tap the top of HomePod or tap on your iPhone.
Manage multiple calls
If another call comes in while you’re using HomePod as a speakerphone, you can answer it on HomePod and switch between calls. Here's how:
- To end the current call and answer a new one, touch and hold the green light on the top of HomePod.
- To answer an incoming call and put the current call on hold, tap the green light on the top of HomePod.
- To switch between calls, tap the top of HomePod.
- If you set your speaker access to require a password in the Home app, only the primary user can transfer phone calls.
- In certain situations, CDMA networks may not be able to hold or swap calls. Contact your carrier to see if they support these features.