Change your desktop picture from Photos
- Open the Photos app.
- If you're using multiple displays, drag the Photos window over the desktop that you want to change.
- Control-click (or right-click) the image that you want to use.
- Select Share from the shortcut menu, then choose Set Desktop Picture from the submenu.
Change your desktop picture from the Finder
- From a Finder window or your desktop, locate the image file that you want to use.
- Control-click (or right-click) the file, then choose Set Desktop Picture from the shortcut menu. If you're using multiple displays, this changes the wallpaper of your primary display only.
If you don't see Set Desktop Picture in the shortcut menu, you should see a submenu named Services instead. Choose Set Desktop Picture from there.
Change your desktop picture from Desktop preferences
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Desktop & Screen Saver.
- From the Desktop tab, select a folder of images on the left, then click an image on the right.
To add a folder of your own images, click the Add button below the list of folders. For more information about the settings in this window, click in the corner of the window.
- You can use these image formats for desktop pictures: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, and PICT.
- How to change your iPhone wallpaper