Set up Display Accommodations
In Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations, you'll see four main options: Invert Colors, Color Filters, Light Sensitivity, and Reduce White Point.
Choose either white text on a black background or black text on a white background.
Color Filters can help you differentiate colors or read onscreen text.
To help you differentiate colors, there are four presets. After you choose one (except Grayscale), you can then select Intensity to adjust the filter's strength:
- Red/Green Filter (for Protanopia)
- Green/Red Filter (for Deuteranopia)
- Blue/Yellow Filter (for Tritanopia)
To help you read onscreen text, select the Color Tint option. Then select Intensity or Hue to make adjustments.
Lower or increase the overall brightness.
Reduce White Point
Lower or increase the intensity of bright colors.
Use a shortcut to turn Display Accommodations on and off
Since Display Accomodations aren't necessarily needed at all times, you can quickly turn them on and off with a shortcut:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut.
- Select any features that you want a shortcut for.
- Press to leave the Settings menu. To use the shortcut that you created, quickly press Menu three times on your remote.