Check your battery charge
- Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center and see the battery percentage.
- Tap the battery percentage to use power reserve or check the battery charge for your AirPods when they're connected to your Apple Watch and iPhone.
- On some watch faces, you can add a complication to show the current battery charge.
- On your iPhone, you can edit your Today View, so you can check your watch's battery charge from your iPhone.
Charge your Apple Watch
If your battery power is low, you'll see on the screen of your Apple Watch. Be sure to handle your Apple Watch and accessories safely, and always take off your watch before charging it.
To charge your Apple Watch:
- Plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable, Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Case, or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock into its USB power adapter.
- Plug the adapter into a power outlet. You can also plug the charging cable into a USB port.
- Position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. The charger's magnets align your Apple Watch, and you'll see a charging symbol on the watch face.
- Give your Apple Watch time to charge. While your device is charging, you'll see on the screen of your Apple Watch. Get help if your Apple Watch won't charge.
Use Power Reserve
Power Reserve lets you see the time on your Apple Watch while preserving your battery life. In Power Reserve, press the side button to show the current time in a 24-hour format. While your Apple Watch is in Power Reserve, your Apple Watch and iPhone won't communicate, and you can't access other watch features.
Turn on Power Reserve
When your battery charge drops to 10 percent, your Apple Watch alerts you and asks if you want to use Power Reserve. When the battery gets too low, your watch automatically enters Power Reserve, and appears next to the time. Learn how to maximize your battery life and lifespan.
To turn on Power Reserve:
- Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center.
- Tap the battery percentage.
- Swipe right on the Power Reserve slider, then tap Proceed.
Turn off Power Reserve
To turn off Power Reserve:
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Wait for your Apple Watch to restart. You might need to charge your Apple Watch first.