Use iCloud Photo Library or My Photo Stream
If you enabled iCloud Photo Library on your Mac and iOS device, your photos might already be on your computer. Use these steps to check for your photos in Photos for OS X. You can also go to iCloud.com and open the Photos app to see your entire photo library and choose which photos to import.
You can also use My Photo Stream to access your photos on your computer.
Check for updates
Try to import the photos again
First, try the steps to import the photos to your computer again. Then try these steps:
- Create a new photo to import. You can save a screenshot on your iOS device by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer.
- Try to import your photos again using your photo-management software. You can also try these steps on your PC:
- Mac: Open Image Capture in the Applications folder.
- Windows 8: Move the cursor to the upper-right corner, click the magnifying glass, enter Computer, and press Return. Right-click your device under Portable Devices (if present) and choose Import Photos.
- Windows 7: Choose Start > Computer. Under Portable Devices, right-click the device and choose Import Photos.
- If your computer doesn't see your device, make sure your device trusts the computer.
Try a different computer
If you don't see the camera entry in the Device Manager, test your iOS device on a different computer.
- If another computer recognizes the iOS device as a camera, contact Microsoft, or whoever supports Windows on your computer, for help with this issue.
- If the same issue occurs on a different computer, restore the device and set it up as new. Remember to make a copy of your photos before restoring your device.