When you try to change the country or region of your iTunes Store Account Info, you might not be able to because of one of the reasons below. Click the links to learn more.
- You have an active iTunes Match subscription; you must cancel it before you can change stores.
- You have an active Apple Music membership billed through Apple; you must cancel it before you can change stores.
- You have at least one incomplete Season Pass or Multi-Pass. Passes must be complete before you can change stores.
- You have rentals that have not expired; they must expire before you can change stores.
- You have a store credit balance; you must spend your balance before you can change stores.
- You have one or more pending store credit refunds. You must wait a few hours for these to complete before you can change stores.
- You use a credit card with billing info that doesn't match the country or region of your iTunes Store. Your billing info must match the store you're buying from.
- You're part of a Family Sharing group. Only family organizers can change stores.
Any open subscriptions will prevent you from being able to change your country or region.
If you have an iCloud Storage subscription, turn off your active storage subscription before you change your country or region.
iTunes Match subscription or Apple Music membership
If you subscribe to iTunes Match or have an Apple Music membership, you need to wait for your iTunes Match subscription or Apple Music membership to expire.
You might also need to cancel automatic renewal for iTunes Match or turn off your automatically renewing Apple Music membership.
After your subscription or membership expires, you can change your country or region.
Use your Account Information page to check which Season Pass or Multi-Pass isn't complete.
To automatically open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page from your computer, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
- Enter your password, then press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard, or click View Account.
On the Account Information page:
- Scroll to the Settings section.
- To the right of Passes, click Manage.
You must wait for the pass to be completed. When there isn't anything under Current Passes, you can change the country or region of your account.
If you rented a movie, start playing it, then wait 24 to 48 hours. If you don't want to watch the rental, wait 30 days after the date you rented it. Then you can change your country or region.
Store credit balance
You must spend your balance before you can change stores.
If your store credit is less than the cost of a single item on the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store, you can add a credit card to your account. When you buy an item, you will use the remaining store credit and charge the remainder of the purchase to your credit card.
If you don't have a credit card, contact iTunes Store support.
Pending store credit refunds
You must wait a few hours for these to complete. After the refunded credit is applied to your store credit balance, try to change your country or region again.
Billing info doesn't match country or region of the store
Your payment method's billing info must match the country or region of the store you're buying from. For example, only German credit cards can be used to buy content from the German iTunes and App stores.
Change to a different payment method, or update the billing info, then try to change the country or region again.
Member of Family Sharing
If you're the family organizer, learn how to change the country or region of your account. If you aren't the family organizer, you must leave the family group to change the country or region of your iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store.
After the family organizer switches their country or region, the payment details of family members who don't switch revert to whatever they had on file before they joined the family group. If an individual's account was created as part of Family Sharing set up, such as a child account, their payment details default to None.