When you try to change the country of your iTunes Store Account Info, you might not be able to because of one of the reasons below. Click the links to learn more.
- You have an active iTunes Match subscription; you must cancel it before you can change stores.
- You have an active Apple Music membership billed through Apple; you must cancel it before you can change stores.
- You have at least one incomplete pass. Passes must be complete before you can change stores.
- You have rentals that have not expired; they must expire before you can change stores.
- You have a store credit balance; you must spend your balance before you can change stores.
- You have one or more pending store credit refunds. You must wait a few hours for these to complete before you can change stores.
You might also not be able to change your country if you're part of a Family Sharing group.
iTunes Match subscription or Apple Music membership
If you subscribe to iTunes Match or have an Apple Music membership, you need to wait for your iTunes Match subscription or Apple Music membership to expire.
You might also need to turn off Auto-Renew for iTunes Match or turn off your automatically renewing Apple Music membership.
After your subscription or membership expires, you can change your country.
To check which Season Pass or Multi-Pass isn't complete, follow the steps below:
Click to open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information, or use the steps below:
- Open iTunes.
- Click Sign In, and enter your Apple ID.
- Click your name, and select Account Info from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your password again.
On the Account Information page:
- Scroll down to the Settings section.
- To the right of Passes, click Manage.
You must wait for the pass to be completed. When there isn't anything under Current Passes, you can change the country or region of your account.
If you rented a movie, wait 30 days after the date you rented it. Then, you can change your country.
Store credit balance
You must spend your balance before you can change stores.
If your store credit is less than the cost of a single item on the iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store, you can add a credit card to your account. When you buy an item, you will use the remaining store credit and charge the remainder of the purchase to your credit card.
If you don't have a credit card, contact iTunes Store support.
Pending store credit refunds
You must wait a few hours for these to complete. After the refunded credit is applied to your store credit balance, try to change countries again.
Member of Family Sharing
If you're the family organizer, see how to change the country of your account. If you aren't the family organizer, you must leave the family group to change the country of your iTunes, App, iBooks, or Mac App Store account.
After the family organizer switches countries, the payment details of family members who don't switch revert to whatever they had on file before they joined the family group. If an individual's account was created as part of Family Sharing set up, such as a child account, their payment details default to None.
If you don't change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, or Mac App Store account, your credit card might not work as payment. For example, only German credit cards can be used to buy content from the German iTunes and App stores.