You might have issues using FaceTime for one of these reasons:
- FaceTime and FaceTime audio calling might not be available for all countries, regions, or carriers.
- FaceTime isn't available or might not appear on devices purchased in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, and United Arab Emirates, including Dubai.
- Call forwarding isn't available with FaceTime.
- If you try to switch from a FaceTime call to a phone call or a FaceTime audio call.
If you can't make or receive FaceTime calls
If none of the above reasons apply to you, and you still can't make or receive FaceTime calls, follow these steps:
- Make sure that your device has a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet or a cellular-data connection.
Learn more if you're using router, firewall, or security software that restricts Internet access.
- If you're trying to use FaceTime over cellular, make sure that Use Cellular Data is on for FaceTime. Go to Settings > Cellular > Use Cellular Data For, and turn on FaceTime.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that FaceTime is on.
- If you see "Waiting for Activation," turn FaceTime off and then on again. Learn what to do if you can't activate FaceTime.
- If you don't see the FaceTime setting, make sure that Camera and FaceTime aren't off in Settings > General > Restrictions.
- Make sure that you have the correct phone number or email address listed.
- Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically.
- Restart your device.
- Update your device to the latest version of iOS.
If you have connection or sound quality issues with FaceTime
If your cellular connection or Wi-Fi network are running slow, or other users are streaming audio or video on the same Wi-Fi network, you might have these issues:
- Connection alerts or unable to connect
- Choppy video calls
- Black screen
- Dropped calls
Make sure that both you and the person that you're calling are using a fast Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If you’re using Wi-Fi, FaceTime requires a broadband connection.
- Connect your iPhone number and Apple ID to use FaceTime.
- Use Continuity to connect all of your devices.
- Learn what to do if you can't find the FaceTime app on your device.
- Learn more about how to use FaceTime.
- Get help with FaceTime on your Mac.