How to print a document
- Open the item that you want to print.
- Choose Print from the File menu, or press Command (⌘)-P.
- Choose your printer from the Printer pop-up menu.
You might need to wait a moment for your printer to appear. If it doesn't appear, get help resolving printer issues.
- Change any of the printing options shown, if needed. These options are determined by your printer and the app you're printing from. For example, options such as printing in black and white, two-sided printing, and printing to different paper sizes or media types all vary by printer and app. Click Show Details for more options, or Hide Details for fewer options.
- Click Print to send the print job to your print queue.
How to manage your print jobs
After you click Print, the print job goes to your print queue, which automatically sends the job to the printer. To open your print queue:
- Click the icon of your printer in the Dock. The printer icon appears when the print queue contains jobs.
- Or go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners. Select your printer from the list, then click Open Print Queue.
You can take any of these actions from the print queue:
- View status messages about your printer, such as "Printer is not connected."
- View jobs that are in progress, waiting to be printed, or couldn't be printed because of a problem with the printer or its connection.
- Pause, resume, or delete jobs.
- View settings and other information about your printer, such as the printer's name and supply levels.
- Preview your document by double-clicking it or selecting it and pressing Space bar.