If you see the Connect to iTunes screen, restart your device:
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
- On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
If you still see the Connect to iTunes screen after you restart, you need to reinstall iOS:
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer using the cable that came with your device. You should see this message: "There's a problem with the iPhone [your device name] that requires it to be updated or restored."
- Click Update (not Restore) to reinstall iOS and keep your personal data.