iOS uses motion effects to create the perception of depth on your Home screen and within apps. If you have sensitivity to motion effects or screen movement on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can use Reduce Motion to turn off these effects.
To turn on Reduce Motion, go to Settings > General > Accessibility and tap the slider for Reduce Motion.
When Reduce Motion is on, certain screen effects change or are disabled on your device, including:
- Screen transitions and effects use the dissolve effect instead of zoom or slide effects.
- Parallax effect where your wallpaper, apps, and alerts that move or shift slightly as you tilt your device are disabled.
- Animation and effects in certain apps are disabled. For example:
- Weather animations in the Weather app
- You can't send or receive bubble effects or full-screen effects in Messages.