Connect your devices
You can use Apple USB Camera Adapters to import photos from your digital camera. You can also use Apple USB Camera Adapters to connect other USB devices to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
You can use these USB devices with Apple USB Camera Adapters:
- Audio/MIDI interfaces and devices
- Ethernet adapters
- SD card readers
- Bar code scanners
If you're using an Apple USB 3 Camera Adapter, you need an iPad with iOS 9.3.
Some USB devices need more power than your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can provide. If you connect one of these types of USB devices, you might see an alert that says “attached accessory uses too much power." Try one of these steps:
- Connect the USB devices to a powered USB hub or secondary power source.
- Use a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.
The Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter has a built-in lightning port, which you can connect to a USB power adapter. This provides power to your iOS device and connected USB device.
If you can't connect a supported USB device, try these steps:
- Disconnect the Apple USB Camera Adapter from your iOS device.
- Disconnect any USB devices connected to the Apple USB Camera Adapter.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Plug in the Apple USB Camera Adapter and try to connect the USB device again.