Change the language on your Mac
- In Finder, from the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
- Click Language & Region.
- Under Preferred languages, you'll see the languages available on your Mac. Click and drag the language that you want to see in iTunes to the top of the list.
- If you don't see the language that you want iTunes to use, click the + button under the Preferred languages list.
- Select the language that you want, and then click Add.
- When you see the message asking if you want to use the new language as your primary one, click the button with your preferred language.
- If iTunes is open, quit it, then open it again.
Change the language in iTunes for Windows
- Open iTunes.
- Hold down the Control and B keys to open the iTunes menu bar. From the Edit menu, choose Preferences. Learn more about menus in iTunes for Windows.
- Select the General tab.
- Choose your desired language from the Language menu at the bottom of the window.
- Click OK.
- Quit iTunes, then open it again.
Change the language in the iTunes Store
Changing the language that you see in iTunes doesn't change the language you see in the iTunes Store. Follow these steps to change the iTunes Store language:
- Open iTunes.
- From the upper-middle of iTunes, click iTunes Store.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the main iTunes Store window. In the lower-right corner, click the country flag.
- Click the country that matches the language you want the iTunes Store to use. The iTunes Store changes to the country and language you chose.
Changing the language and country that you see in the iTunes Store doesn't mean that you can buy items in that country's store. Which country's store you can buy items from is determined by the billing address of your payment method. For example, if your payment method is a credit card from the United States, you need to use the U.S. store. Learn how to change your iTunes Store country or region.
iTunes Store content, such as album names and movie titles, displays in its original language.
Languages available in the iTunes Store
Not all of the languages available on your Mac or PC are available in the iTunes Store. Find your country in the list below to see which languages are available.
- Australia: British English
- Belgium: British English and French
- Canada: Canadian English and Canadian French
- China: Simplified Chinese
- Germany: German
- Denmark: British English
- Spain: Spanish
- Finland: British English
- France: French
- Greece: British English
- Ireland: British English
- Italy: Italian
- Luxembourg: British English
- Mexico: Spanish
- Netherlands: Dutch
- Norway: British English
- Austria: German
- Portugal: British English
- Republic of Korea: Korean
- Switzerland: British English, German, and French
- Sweden: British English
- United Kingdom: British English
- United States: U.S. English and Spanish
- Japan: U.S. English and Japanese
App Store-only countries display in British English.