If your device is near its capacity or you get an alert that your storage is full, you can remove some of your less used content to make more room.
Use your iOS device to check its storage
- Tap Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage. You'll see a list of your apps, and how much storage each one uses.
- Tap an app for more detailed information about its usage.
- Depending on the app, you might be able to delete some of its content, or delete the app and all of its content.
Use iTunes to check the storage on your iOS device
- Open iTunes and select your device. You'll see a bar that shows how much storage your iOS content uses, divided by content type.
- Hover your mouse over a content type, like Other or Apps, to find more information:
Here is a list of the types of content on your iOS device, and what each type includes:
- Audio: Songs, audio podcasts, audiobooks, voice memos, and ringtones
- Video: Movies, music videos, and TV shows
- Photos: Camera Roll content, Photo Stream, and Photo Library
- Apps: Installed apps
- Books: iBooks books and PDF files
- Documents & Data: Safari Offline Reading List, files created within apps, and app content like contacts, calendars, messages, and emails (and their attachments)
- Other: Settings, Siri voices, system data