Redeem your iTunes Digital Copy
To redeem, follow the instructions in your DVD or Blu-ray packaging.
- Some titles might just include a content code. Learn how to redeem content codes in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC, or on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can only redeem these codes one time.
- Other titles might include a Digital Copy disc and a content code. You'll need to insert the disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive before you can redeem your code. If your computer doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, you can use a DVD/Blu-ray drive that connects via USB or use the CD/DVD drive from another computer with your Mac. You can redeem these codes multiple times if you use the same Apple ID you used for the original redemption each time.
Redeem titles with just a redemption code
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click iTunes Store.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > Redeem.
If you’re using Windows and can’t see the menu bar, learn how to turn it on.
- Enter your password, then press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard, or click Sign In.
- Enter the 12-digit code printed on the insert included with your DVD or Blu-ray disc. You can also use the camera on your Mac to redeem your code.
- Choose to download the digital copy of your movie now or download it later.
If you choose Later, you can download your movie in the iTunes Store: In iTunes, go to the iTunes Store. Select Movies from the menu in the upper-left corner, then click Purchased under Movie Quick Links on the right side of the iTunes Store window. Then click the download icon in the upper-right corner of the movie. Learn more about downloading past purchases from iCloud.
- After you click Download, you'll see a screen showing that your code was successfully redeemed. Click the download status icon in the upper-right corner of iTunes to check the progress of your download.
You can start watching your movie when enough of it downloads to your computer.
Redeem titles with a Digital Copy disc and a redemption code
- Open iTunes.
- Insert your iTunes Digital Copy disc into the DVD drive of your Mac or PC.
- Enter the redemption code included with your DVD in the main iTunes window. Then click Redeem.
If the DVD doesn't appear in iTunes and the disc plays without issue in your computer's DVD application, confirm with the vendor that the title has iTunes Digital Copy.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password. You'll see a screen showing that your code was successfully redeemed.
- Click the download status icon in the upper-right corner of iTunes to check the progress of your download.
- After the download completes, click Movies in upper-left corner of iTunes to see your movie.
When you use a Digital Copy disc to redeem a title, you get only the standard definition version and don't get any of the extra features.
If your Digital Copy DVD or Blu-ray is damaged, scratched, or missing its redemption code or Digital Copy disc, contact the appropriate studio for help:
If you have trouble redeeming your Digital Copy code or downloading your iTunes Digital Copy, contact iTunes Store Support.
- iTunes Digital Copies aren't available in every country. You must use a Digital Copy code in the iTunes Store country where the packaging says it will work. For example, you'll need a U.S. iTunes Store Apple ID to use a code from a U.S. DVD, and you'll need an Australian iTunes Store Apple ID to use a code from an Australian DVD.
- Learn how to redownload your digital copy from iCloud.
- To stream eligible Disney, Pixar, and Marvel movies and their extras, you can connect your Apple ID to a Disney Movies Anywhere account.