Redeem your iTunes Digital Copy
To redeem, follow the instructions in your DVD or Blu-ray packaging.
- Some titles might just include a content code. Learn how to redeem content codes in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC, or on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
You can only redeem these codes one time.
- Other titles might include a Digital Copy disc and a content code. You'll need to insert the disc into your computer's CD/DVD drive before you can redeem your code. If your computer doesn't have a CD/DVD drive, you can use a DVD/Blu-ray drive that connects via USB or use the CD/DVD drive from another computer with your Mac.
You can redeem these codes multiple times if you use the same Apple ID you used for the original redemption each time.
Redeem titles with just a redemption code
- Open iTunes.
- Click the iTunes Store.
- Click the More icon (3 dots) in the upper-left corner and choose Movies from the pop-up menu.
- Click Redeem under Movies Quick Links.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID and password.
- Enter the 12-digit code printed on the insert included with your DVD or Blu-ray disc. You can also use the camera on your Mac to redeem your code.
- Choose to download the digital copy of your movie now or download it later. If you choose Later, you can download your movie in the iTunes Store by clicking Purchased from under Movie Quick Links. Then click the iCloud icon in the upper-right corner of the movie. Learn more about how to download past purchases from iCloud.
- After you click Download, you'll see a screen showing that your code was successfully redeemed. Click the download status in the upper-right corner of iTunes to check the progress of your download.
You can start watching your movie when enough of it downloads to your computer.
Redeem titles with a Digital Copy disc and a redemption code
- Open iTunes.
- Insert your iTunes Digital Copy disc into the DVD drive.
- Enter the redemption code included with your DVD in the main iTunes window. Then click Redeem.
If the DVD doesn't appear in iTunes and the disc plays without issue in your computer's DVD application, confirm with the vendor that the title has iTunes Digital Copy.
- Enter the Apple ID and password for your iTunes Store account.
You'll see a screen showing that your code was successfully redeemed.
- Click the download status to the right of the iTunes LCD to check the progress of your transfer.
- After the transfer completes, click Movies in the Library menu to see the transferred content.
iTunes Digital Copies aren't available in every country.
You must use a Digital Copy code in the iTunes Store country where the packaging says it will work. For example, you'll need a U.S. iTunes Store Apple ID to use a code from a U.S. DVD, and you'll need an Australian iTunes Store Apple ID to use a code from an Australian DVD.
Learn how to redownload your digital copy from iCloud.
If your Digital Copy DVD or Blu-ray is damaged, scratched, or missing its redemption code or Digital Copy disc, contact the appropriate studio for help.
If you have trouble redeeming your Digital Copy code or downloading your iTunes Digital Copy, contact iTunes Store Support.