Your Apple ID is the account you use for everything you do with Apple, like shopping the iTunes Store, signing in to iCloud, buying an app, and more. Follow these steps to change your password.
If you want to change your password
If you know your Apple ID password and want to change it, follow these steps:
- Go to My Apple ID.
- Click Manage your Apple ID and sign in.
If you have two-step verification turned on, you'll be asked to send a verification code to the trusted device associated with your Apple ID. If you're unable to receive messages at your trusted device, follow the guidelines for what to do if you can't sign in with two-step verification.
- Click Password and Security. You might be asked to answer your security questions.
- In the Choose a new password section, click Change Password.
- Enter your old password, then enter a new password and confirm the new password.
- Click Change Password when done.
- Sign in with your new Apple ID password to access Apple features and services.
Learn more about how to change your Apple ID and update other account information.
If you forgot your password
If you don't remember your Apple ID password, follow these steps to reset it. After you reset your password, you need to update your Apple ID and password in each service that you’re signed in to.
Learn more about passwords and your Apple ID
When you create a new password, keep the following in mind:
- Your new Apple ID password must contain at least eight characters, a number, an uppercase letter, and a lowercase letter.
- You can't use spaces, the same character three times in a row, your Apple ID, or a password you've used in the last year.
Learn more about password requirements and how to keep your Apple ID secure.