In some cases, you might need a different article. Here’s a list of solutions for those cases.
- For a frozen device or one that won't power on, get help.
- If you don't know your passcode or your device is disabled, learn what to do.
- If you can't access a Mac or PC and your iOS device is functional, get help.
Otherwise, follow the steps in this article.
Get your device ready
Restore your device to factory settings
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer with the cable that came with your device.
- If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. If you forgot your passcode, get help.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod when it appears in iTunes.
- In the Summary panel, click Restore [device].
- Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your device and installs the latest iOS or iPod software.
- After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.