Arrange apps on the Home screen
- Highlight the app that you want to move.
- On Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote,* hold down the Touch surface until the app starts to jiggle. On other remotes, hold down Select.
- On Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, swipe left, right, up, or down. On other remotes, press Left, Right, Up, or Down.
- When you're finished, press the Touch surface or press Select.
- Repeat these steps to move other apps.
On Apple TV (4th generation), you can create folders. Highlight an app, hold down the Touch surface or Select until the app starts to jiggle, then follow these steps:
- To quickly create a folder, drag the app onto another app.
- To create a New Folder based on the app, or to move the app to a folder that you already created, press Play/Pause and choose an option.
- To move the app out of a folder, drag it out.
To rename a folder, select it, then update the title using the keyboard.
Delete or hide apps
On Apple TV (4th generation), you can delete apps. On Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), you can hide them. Just highlight the app and hold down the Touch surface or Select until the app starts to jiggle. Then press the Play/Pause button and choose Delete or Hide.
If you want to add an app back to the Home screen:
- On Apple TV (4th generation), open the App Store, go to your previous purchases, and download the app again.
- On Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), you can unhide apps from Settings > Main Menu.
You can also hide your purchases in the App Store, so that you don't see apps on the Purchases page.
*Apple TV (4th generation) ships with the same remote everywhere. In countries and regions that support Siri, the remote is called Siri Remote. Elsewhere, it’s called Apple TV Remote. Siri works on either remote as long as your Apple TV (4th generation) is set up with a language and country that supports Siri.