Pages User Guide for iPhone
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Set tab stops in Pages on iPhone
You can set tab stops to align text left, right, at the center, or on a decimal point. When you insert a tab, the insertion point (and any text after it) move to the right, to the next tab stop.
Insert a tab in text
Tap the text to place the insertion point where you want to insert a tab stop.
Tap the text again, tap , tap Insert, then tap Tab.
The insertion point moves to the closest tab stop. Tapping Tab again moves to the next tab stop, and so on.
To immediately undo a tab insertion, tap .
Set and remove tab stops
Select the paragraphs you want to format.
Tap , then tap Ruler.
Tap the ruler where you want to place a tab stop; a marker appears.
Touch and hold the marker until the section of ruler is magnified, then drag the marker to place it precisely.
To change the tab stop alignment, double-tap the tab stop until you see the alignment you want.
To remove a tab stop, touch and hold the tab stop marker, then drag it below the ruler until it disappears.
Note: The downward-facing arrows are margin settings, not tab stops.