Optimized for Apple silicon
Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
Camera log conversion
Convert from log to SDR and HDR color spaces by applying custom camera LUTs or using built-in LUTs for Panasonic, Sony, Canon, Blackmagic, Nikon and ARRI log formats.
Apply third-party creative LUTs to clips for adding a custom look during compression.
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Compressor. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in Compressor, refer to the Compressor release notes.
New in Compressor 4.4.5
- Metal-based processing engine improves playback and accelerates rendering, compositing, and exporting
- Speed through encoding tasks by harnessing the power of multiple GPUs, up to 28 CPU cores, and Afterburner card with Mac Pro (2019)
- View stunning High Dynamic Range video right in the Preview window with Pro Display XDR
What's New in Compressor 4.4.4
- Detect media files that require conversion to be compatible with future versions of macOS after macOS Mojave. Learn more
- Support for ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ formats. Learn more
- Modern 64-bit architecture takes advantage of all system memory and supports larger frame sizes.
- Export closed captions in the SRT format, used by a wide range of websites and services. Learn more
New in Compressor 4.4.2
- Compressor uses source media properties to automatically configure MXF and QuickTime settings. Learn more
New in Compressor 4.4.1
- Import, view, adjust, and deliver closed captions in either iTT or CEA-608 format. Learn more
- Support for multiple closed caption languages and formats in an iTunes Store package.
- Embed captions in an exported video file or create a separate caption sidecar file.
- Share captioned videos directly to YouTube and Vimeo.
- Include audio description files in any iTunes Store package.
New in Compressor 4.4
- Export 360° video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes, then save to your Mac or share on the web. Learn more
- Deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video in Rec. 2020 PQ or HLG formats. Learn more
- Encode with the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) format for high quality at smaller file sizes. Learn more
- Create MXF files using a variety of new export presets and parameter controls. Learn more
- Export 360° video files with embedded industry-standard spherical metadata.
- Support for monoscopic and stereoscopic 360° formats.
- Deliver HDR video as P3 D65 PQ, and Rec. 2020 HLG, and Rec. 2020 PQ for HDR10.
- Easily convert HDR to Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) video.
- Create a custom HEVC export setting in Compressor and use it in Final Cut Pro.
- Create a self-contained HEVC droplet for drag-and-drop encoding on the desktop.
- New MXF presets include AVC-Intra, D-10 / IMX, ProRes, and XDCAM HD in a variety of frame rates and resolutions.