Preview Window Enhancements
View the transparency of a video*, the aspect ratio of an output, and modified source media properties in the preview viewer.
* Requires macOS Monterey 12.3 or later.
Optimized for Mac Studio
Optimized transcoding performance for M1 Max and M1 Ultra on the new Mac Studio.
Get complete step-by-step how-to instructions and information on all features in Compressor. For a detailed list of enhancements and fixes in Compressor, refer to the Compressor release notes.
New in Compressor 4.6
- With Watch Folders, place videos or images in a selected folder in the file system and automatically encode them using any Compressor setting or job action.
- Play and transcode Canon Cinema RAW Light to other video codecs and formats with the Canon RAW plug-in for Final Cut Pro.
- Encode videos shot in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 (requires macOS Monterey).
- Experience workstation-class playback and graphics performance with optimizations for MacBook Pro models with the M1 Pro or the M1 Max chip.
New in Compressor 4.5.3
- Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon.
- Receive notifications for completed, failed, and canceled encoding batches.
- Import files with audio descriptions or add your own in the inspector.
New in Compressor 4.5
- Convert from log to SDR and HDR color spaces by applying custom camera LUTs or using built-in LUTs for Panasonic, Sony, Canon, Blackmagic, Nikon and ARRI log formats.
- Import and apply third-party creative LUTs.
New in Compressor 4.4.5
- Metal-based processing engine improves playback and accelerates rendering, compositing, and exporting
- Speed through encoding tasks by harnessing the power of multiple GPUs, up to 28 CPU cores, and Afterburner card with Mac Pro (2019)
- View stunning High Dynamic Range video right in the Preview window with Pro Display XDR
New in Compressor 4.4.4
- Detect media files that require conversion to be compatible with future versions of macOS after macOS Mojave. Learn more
- Support for ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ formats. Learn more
- Modern 64-bit architecture takes advantage of all system memory and supports larger frame sizes.
- Export closed captions in the SRT format, used by a wide range of websites and services. Learn more
New in Compressor 4.4.2
- Compressor uses source media properties to automatically configure MXF and QuickTime settings. Learn more
New in Compressor 4.4.1
- Import, view, adjust, and deliver closed captions in either iTT or CEA-608 format. Learn more
- Support for multiple closed caption languages and formats in an iTunes Store package.
- Embed captions in an exported video file or create a separate caption sidecar file.
- Share captioned videos directly to YouTube and Vimeo.
- Include audio description files in any iTunes Store package.
New in Compressor 4.4
- Export 360° video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes, then save to your Mac or share on the web. Learn more
- Deliver High Dynamic Range (HDR) video in Rec. 2020 PQ or HLG formats. Learn more
- Encode with the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) format for high quality at smaller file sizes. Learn more
- Create MXF files using a variety of new export presets and parameter controls. Learn more
- Export 360° video files with embedded industry-standard spherical metadata.
- Support for monoscopic and stereoscopic 360° formats.
- Deliver HDR video as P3 D65 PQ, and Rec. 2020 HLG, and Rec. 2020 PQ for HDR10.
- Easily convert HDR to Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) video.
- Create a custom HEVC export setting in Compressor and use it in Final Cut Pro.
- Create a self-contained HEVC droplet for drag-and-drop encoding on the desktop.
- New MXF presets include AVC-Intra, D-10 / IMX, ProRes, and XDCAM HD in a variety of frame rates and resolutions.