Pages User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Pages
- Word-processing or page layout?
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Find a document
- Open a document
- Save and name a document
- Print a document or envelope
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Basic touchscreen gestures
- Use Apple Pencil with Pages
- Customize the toolbar
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Add and replace text
- Copy and paste text
- Add mathematical equations
- Bookmarks and links
- Add links
- Set paper size and orientation
- Set document margins
- Set up facing pages
- Page templates
- Add page numbers
- Change the page background
- Add a border around a page
- Add watermarks and background objects
- Change the transparency of an object
- Fill shapes and text boxes with color or an image
- Add a border to an object
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Add or delete a table
- Select tables, cells, rows, and columns
- Merge or unmerge table cells
- Resize, move, or lock a table
- Send a document
- Publish a book to Apple Books
- Use presenter mode
- Use iCloud Drive with Pages
- Export to Word, PDF, or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a document
- Move a document
- Delete a document
- Password-protect a document
- Create and manage custom templates
Use phonetic guides in Pages on iPad
If you have a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean keyboard set up for your Mac, iPhone, or iPad, you can apply phonetic guides to words written in any language even if you don’t use any of these keyboards.
Provide a phonetic guide alongside text
Don’t include any trailing paragraph breaks or punctuation in your selected text.
You may need to tap until you see the Phonetics button.
A phonetic guide appears with the selected text.
To change the phonetic guide text, tap Guide in the Phonetic Guide list, then select other guide text, or type your own in the field at the top.
Tap anywhere outside the phonetic guide to apply the text and close the guide.
Change or remove phonetic guide text
You can change the language of phonetic guide text or remove the text.
Select the word with phonetic guide text, then tap it.
Do one of the following:
Change the guide text: In the Guide Text list, select guide text in the language you prefer.
The phonetic options presented depend on which keyboards are set up.
Remove the guide text: Tap Remove Guide.
If you don’t see the suggestions you are looking for, make sure the document is set up to use the language you want. Tap in the toolbar, tap Document Options, tap Language & Region, tap Language, then select a language.