Modifying this control will update this page automatically
macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
If Time Machine on your Mac doesn’t back up certain files
If Time Machine doesn’t back up certain files on your Mac, you may need to make changes to the list of excluded items in Time Machine settings.
Important: Time Machine doesn’t back up system files or apps that are installed during macOS installation.
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings > General, click Time Machine , then click Options.
If a file you want to back up is in the list of excluded items, select it, then click the Remove button .
In rare cases, Time Machine can’t back up software from companies other than Apple due to a setting made by that software. For more information, contact the manufacturer of the software.
Thanks for your feedback.