macOS User Guide
- Work across devices using Continuity
- Use iPhone as a webcam
- Use iPhone with Desk View
- Stream audio and video with AirPlay
- Use one keyboard and mouse to control Mac and iPad
- Hand off between devices
- Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch
- Make and receive phone calls on your Mac
- Sync music, books, and more between devices
- What is Family Sharing?
- Set up Family Sharing
- Add a user or group
- Set up Screen Time for a child
- Share purchases with your family
- Watch and listen together with SharePlay
- Share a Photo Library
- Collaborate on projects
- Find content shared with you
- Find your family and friends
- Play games with your friends
- Resources for your Mac
- Resources for your Apple devices
Use AirPlay to stream what’s on your Mac to an HDTV
AirPlay Mirroring lets you send what’s on your Mac to an HDTV wirelessly with Apple TV.
Make sure your Mac and Apple TV are on the same network.
Click Control Center in the menu bar, click the Screen Mirroring icon , then choose your Apple TV.
If asked, enter a four-digit code on your Mac.
To set whether your desktop mirrors or extends your Mac screen, click the Screen Mirroring icon , then choose Mirror Built-in Display or Use As Separate Display.
You can also connect your Mac to a TV with a cable or in Displays settings. See Connect a display, TV, or projector.