Numbers User Guide for iPad
- Intro to Numbers
- Intro to images, charts, and other objects
- Create a spreadsheet
- Open spreadsheets
- Prevent accidental editing
- Personalize templates
- Use sheets
- Undo or redo changes
- Save your spreadsheet
- Find a spreadsheet
- Delete a spreadsheet
- Print a spreadsheet
- Change the sheet background
- Copy text and objects between apps
- Touchscreen basics
- Use Apple Pencil with Numbers
- Wrap text to fit in a cell
- Highlight cells
- Alphabetize or sort data in a table
- Filter data
- Modify chart data
- Move and resize charts
- Select text and place the insertion point
- Change the look of text
- Use text styles
- Format lists
- Add and edit equations
- Add links
- Change object transparency
- Fill objects with color or an image
- Add a border to an object or sheet
- Add a caption or title
- Add a reflection or shadow
- Use object styles
- Resize, rotate, and flip objects
- Use iCloud with Numbers
- Import an Excel or text file
- Export to Excel or another file format
- Restore an earlier version of a spreadsheet
- Move a spreadsheet
- Password-protect a spreadsheet
- Create and manage custom templates
Adjust character spacing in Numbers on iPad
You can use ligatures, a decorative joining of two characters to form a single typographic character, to affect character spacing. You can use ligatures in your spreadsheet if the font you’re using supports them.
Turn ligatures on or off for selected text
Select the text you want to change, or select a text box to change all the text in it.
For specific text: The character spacing applies only to that text.
For a text box: The character spacing applies to any text you type in the box after you apply the change.
Tap , then tap in the Font section.
If you don’t see text controls, tap Text or Cell.
Tap a Ligatures option:
Default: Uses the default ligature settings for the font you’re using, which may not be all of the ligatures available for the font.
None: Uses regular spacing with no ligatures for the font.
All: Uses all available ligatures for the font.