How to add headers and footers to a Numbers document
- With your spreadsheet open in Numbers, choose Print from the File menu. You should see a preview of how the first sheet will look when you print it. A sheet can span multiple pages.
- If your spreadsheet has multiple sheets, click the tab at the top of the preview to edit that sheet's headers and footers. Each sheet can have unique information in its headers and footers.
- To edit the headers or footers for the sheet, move the pointer over the top or bottom of the sheet until you see three fields, click a field, then enter the content. To make it easier to edit header and footer content, click the Zoom pop-up menu in the toolbar and choose a zoom level.
- To continue page numbers from the previous sheet, in the Print Setup sidebar choose "Continue from previous sheet." By default, page numbers appear in the center of all footers in your spreadsheet.
- To remove page numbers, click in the footer, select the page number, then press delete on your keyboard.
- To print your spreadsheet, click Print at the bottom of the sidebar.
- If you want to exit the Print Setup screen without printing, click Done in the inspector.
Changes you make to headers and footers are saved as part of the spreadsheet.