Apple Remote Desktop User Guide
- Control or observe one client computer
- Observe multiple client computers
- Shortcuts in the multiple-client observe window
- Choose how to control and observe
- Share screens with client computers
- Send messages
- Set up a computer running VNC software
- View a VNC server’s additional displays
- View a computer’s system status while observing
- View a user’s account picture while observing
- Switch between full screen and in-window control
- Administer computers
- Copy files
- Copy options
- Install files
- Upgrade software
- Manage files and apps
- Set preferences on client computers
- Sleep, shut down, log out, or restart a computer
- Lock or unlock a screen
- Edit client attributes
- Execute commands remotely
- Send UNIX command templates
- About networksetup
- About systemsetup
- How reporting data is collected
- Search for files
- Create file reports
- Create computer usage reports
- Create hardware reports
- Create a network responsiveness report
- Get an Administration Settings report
- Use a Task Server to create reports
- Export reports
- Generate report data automatically
- Change report layout
- Report field definitions
Save a client computer search in Remote Desktop
Save frequent searches as a new scanner. The new scanner appears in the sidebar of the main window.
In Remote Desktop , choose File > New Scanner.
You can also click Add at the bottom of the sidebar, then choose New Scanner.
Rename the newly created scanner, select the scanner icon, then choose a search type from the pop-up menu.
Customize the search by entering specific parameters (such as an IP address range or file location), then click the Refresh button.
If you selected Bonjour or Local Network from the search pop-up menu, the Refresh button isn’t available.